Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Learning Curves

As with any new technology, there is a learning curve...how do we adapt or actually learn the new technology? Most of the time we simply abide by the trial and error method...a favorite of mine. However, my frustration this week comes from working on my thesis and data...and well...I am clueless as to how to manipulate my data in a stats program. I know they are out there, and I know they can do magnificent things with data, saving time and brain cells. Yet, there is a large learning curve, and when you have never used it before...well, the training manual doesn't make much sense to be able to help out either. Thus, trial and error and now thankfulness for a professor who understands the software to help out...time to put this learning curve into high gear! OK...rant over and I can now return to my data. Yet, this thought process does make me wonder, where does the responsibility lie within the classroom regarding new technologies? Is it the students responsibility to 'figure it out'? Or, is the instructor responsible for at least providing a primer of the new technology?

No comments:

Post a Comment